Academic transcripts now online via the USI
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:
- Creates a secure online record of a stuident’s recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers.
- Affords students access to their training records and transcripts.
- Can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere.
- Is free and easy to create.
- Stays with a student for life.
If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don’t have your USI yet be sure to get one here.
The USI transcript service was launched in May 2017. If you are a USI account holder you can now use your USI to access your national training records online in the form of a USI transcript. The transcript shows your nationally recognised training from 2015 onwards.
Using the USI, you can now easily access a complete record of your academic achievements from a single, secure online source. This will be especially beneficial if you lose your hard copy records or if the training provider is no longer operating.
This also allows you to easily provide proof of your academic records to employers or other training organisations.