The TAE50122 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training has been released!
The TAE50122 is suitable for experienced VET professionals who wish to be considered for advanced training and assessment job roles, design and development job roles and/or VET leadership job roles.
This qualification is currently not available for enrolment as there are no RTOs with the latest version of this qualification on scope at this time.
Students are still able to enrol into the superseded TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development which is currently in an extended teach-out transition period until 9 December 2024. This extended transition period means there is plenty of time to complete the TAE50116 and/or TAE50216 and reach your TAE goals sooner rather than later.
|Details||View full course information|
The TAE50122 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training was officially released on training.gov.au in December 2022. This release means the Diploma of Vocational Education & Training (TAE50116) and Diploma of Training Design & Development (TAE50216) have now been superseded.
Training.gov.au has deemed that the TAE50122 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training is not equivalent to the TAE50116 and TAE50216.
To discover more about the TAE50122 and the changes you should expect be sure to read our TAE50122 release article now.
What does the TAE50122 qualification look like?
TAE50122 has been under consultation for months, and the final course looks a lot like what was anticipated. One big change to the structure of the TAE Diploma is the introduction of specialisations. This means individuals undertaking the TAE50122 will complete units specific to their specialisation which include:
- Advanced Training and Assessment
- Design and Development
- VET Leadership.
While the TAE50122 offers prospective students the opportunity to specialise within their field, new entry requirements, prerequisites and expanded assessment conditions now exist. Here are some of the attributes we can confirm:
- Students entering this qualification must demonstrate current VET skills and knowledge relevant to the specialisation chosen in this qualification. There were previously no official entry requirements for the TAE50116 or TAE50216.
- There are now specific prerequisites which mean students must hold certain units prior to enrolment which may change depending on their specialisation:
- TAEASS412 Assess competence**
- TAEASS413 Participate in assessment validation**
- TAEDEL411 Facilitate vocational training**
- TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products to meet vocational training needs**
** or the most recent previous version of this unit, regardless of whether it was deemed equivalent or not equivalent
- The TAE50122 course now contains 12 units.
- TAE50122 effectively requires students to work within an RTO so they are able to meet the assessment requirements and provide the evidence needed for certain units.
- The TAE50122 supersedes and is not equivalent to the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development.
To get started with your TAE50116 or TAE50216 studies please visit our dedicated course page or call 1800 786 651.
If you would like more information on the TAE50122 and the changes to this qualification please be sure to submit an enquiry and our team will be in touch shortly.