Online learning and assessment Skill Set
COMING SOON: Valuable skills for online training and assessmentDownload Info Pack
COMING SOON. This Skill Set is coming soon and is not open for enrolments at this time. For more information or to register your interest please call 1800 786 651 or contact us via our online form.
This nationally recognised skill set addresses the skills and knowledge required to plan, organise and facilitate online learning and assess competence across various applications and communication channels.
This skill set is recommended for holders of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.
Learn more about the course
- Deliver online learning in the workplace
- Making judgements on the outcomes of online learning
- Use both synchronous and asynchronous assessment methods
- Become a confident online trainer and assessor
- Empower others through the online transfer of knowledge and expertise
|Delivery Modes||Distance+ Recognition of Prior Learning|
|Duration||Up to Six months|
|Details||View full course information|
Welcome to Plenty Training. We work with everyday people who have a wealth of knowledge and experience and are ready to share their gift with the world with the TAESS00023 Online learning and assessment Skill Set.
We leave our graduates feeling empowered by and proud of their achievements as they begin their journey into the world of TAE. The TAESS00023 is a life-changing qualification available via a range of pathways to suit your needs and we are excited to share our passion and years of experience of working with the TAE with you.
Be empowered by online learning and assessment
This new Skill Set is the perfect addition for any trainer and assessor looking to develop their online learning and assessment skills. Recent shifts in the delivery of adult education has seen the importance of digital skills increase significantly.
This Skill Set also provides credit towards the TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.
Why choose Plenty
We provide a high-quality environment where people learn the skills they need, where we can qualify their expertise and they can ultimately achieve their goals.
Flexible delivery options
Online, self-paced course
Self-paced learning and assessment with recorded webinars available online 24/7
Assessment-only process that recognises your current skills and knowledge without the need for additional training
Customised corporate training for groups of eight or more looking for a solution to suit their group’s needs
Price & Delivery
Recorded webinars and self-paced learning:
Online learning and assessment Skill Set Distance+ course
Our Distance+ course offers students the opportunity to complete their studies at their own pace. Our Distance+ course offers students access to a wealth of recorded resources to help them complete their studies.
The Distance+ course consists of:
- Recorded lessons covering all course unit theory available 24/7
- Recorded online tutorials covering unit assessment ‘how to’ information
- FREE weekly trainer-led study support sessions
- Independent learning and assessment activities
- NO vocational placement required!
- Access to live orientation webinar
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning Pathway:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a suitable pathway if you can provide evidence that you have all the skills, knowledge and experience for this unit. You must check your eligibility for this pathway prior to enrolment.
Do you think you may be eligible to undertake this unit via RPL? Review the TAESS00023 RPL kit prior to enrolling in this unit.
RPL is an assessment only process that is designed for those who possess substantial existing skills and knowledge in a specific industry. It allows people to demonstrate their competence in these skills without first having to be trained. Our RPL kit is based on a combination of evidence submission and a competency interview conducted via phone.
Not sure if you have the required experience and knowledge to enrol in this pathway? Call us on 1800 786 651 to discuss.
Plenty Training specialises in conducting customised corporate training for businesses both large and small:
We are the preferred supplier to a number of large Australian corporations, and our feedback is excellent. We can deliver in-house training at your premises in Australia or even internationally on dates that suit the schedules of your staff. Please contact us on 1800 786 651 to discuss your requirements or simply complete our corporate enquiry form and we will be in touch soon.
Discover the assessment requirements for each of the units included in the TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment course. The resources provided to students will vary depending on their selected pathway. Find out how your selected pathway compares:
As part of this unit students will delve into the world of online training – a vital skill for a well-rounded trainer and assessor. Students will develop the skills and knowledge they require to plan, organise and facilitate learning that is delivered online.
Students will plan and organise an online learning environment for synchronous and asynchronous learning and deliver two sessions of their e-learning program.
Please be aware of the below interaction requirements for Distance+ course students:
- Access to three or more learners to deliver two e-learning facilitation sessions (these can be friends, colleagues or fellow students)
- Sessions must be recorded and submitted for assessment
As part of this unit students will develop the skills required to assess a candidates competence in an online environment. With a shift towards online training and assessment, the skills acquired from this unit are sure to be put into practice by soon-to-be trainers and assessors in the workplace.
Students will prepare to conduct online assessments against an entire or partial unit of competency to at least three candidates via synchronous and asynchronous processes. Once planned, these sessions will be administered to the candidates.
Please be aware of the below interaction requirements for Distance+ course students:
- Access to three assessment candidates for you to administer an online assessment process (these can be friends, family or fellow students)
- Administration of the online assessment process must be recorded and submitted for assessment
Duration: Students undertaking training have Six months from their enrolment date to complete their studies and submit all assessment workbooks for this course. RPL candidates have six months from their enrolment date to complete their RPL interview and submit all required evidence. (Students may extend the duration of their enrolment on a month-by-month basis – extra fees apply as detailed in our schedule of fees.) Students may complete and submit their assessment workbooks at any time during their enrolment.
Assessment turnaround: The turnaround time for assessment submissions received by Plenty Training is approximately 20 working days from the date it is received. The time frame can vary depending on the number of assessment submissions being received at any given time. Once a student has been deemed competent in all units they will be issued with their qualification within 30 calendar days.
Workload: This represents the notional duration of all activities required for the achievement of the learning outcomes. For students completing the TAESS00023 Online learning and assessment Skill Set the Volume of Learning is between 100 – 300 hours. This means a typical student will complete this course over Six months with a minimum of four hours a week for the 26 weeks.
Enrolment into this course is as per the terms and conditions as listed in our Student Guide. Please ensure you review and agree to these terms and conditions prior to enrolment.
Refer to our information provided within the course workload and assessment section of this page to familiarise yourself with the volume of learning requirements of this course as well as the turnaround time for submitted assessments before enrolling.
All pathways: The following entry prerequisites apply to all students undertaking this course:
- You must have:
- An appropriate level of English language skill which is important to the likelihood of participant success
- Access to a computer (with Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word and a web browser installed)
- Access to the internet
- Access to a video and audio recording device such as a smart phone or web cam
- An understanding of how to use Microsoft Word and Adobe Reader, be able to download, scan and upload documents, and know how to access online materials.
- To successfully complete this course you must be able to independently complete the following:
- Able to use Word, open PDF’s, save, rename and move files around, download and upload files in online systems and be comfortable to learn new programs and technology
- Search and read a range of information from the internet using sites such as training.gov.au
- Have access to a computer or laptop (a phone or tablet is not sufficient) and are comfortable to use this without guidance
- Write a range of different documents including learning programs, session plans, describing contents and ideas, outlining reasons and opinions and developing resources such as powerpoints, handouts, quizzes and observation checklists
- Be creative and have problem solving abilities so you can adapt and find solutions
RPL candidates: You will be required to demonstrate that you have prior skills, knowledge and experience in the units for this qualification. You must first check your eligibility to enrol in RPL for this qualification. Please check your TAE40122 eligibility prior to enrolment.