An amendment was recently made to the Standards for RTOs 2015 and has changed the minimum qualifications required of trainers and assessors within the vocational education and training sector:
- Standard 1.14: From 1 April 2019, training and assessment must only be delivered by persons who have either:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (which we offer as a standard course or as an upgrade from the TAE40110); or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment PLUS unit TAELLN411/TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills PLUS unit TAEASS502/TAEASS502A/TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools; or
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
- Standard 1.15: From 1 April 2019, persons conducting assessments only must have either:
- One of the qualification sets listed above; or
- TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set (comprising units TAEASS401, TAEASS402, TAEASS403 and TAEASS502); or
- TAESS00001 Assessor Skill Set (comprising units TAEASS401B, TAEASS402B, TAEASS403B) PLUS unit TAEASS502 / TAEASS502A / TAEASS502B.