New change to minimum trainer and assessor qualifications!
An amendment was recently made to the Standards for RTOs 2015 and has changed the minimum qualifications required of trainers and assessors within the vocational education and training sector:
- Standard 1.14: From 1 April 2019, training and assessment must only be delivered by persons who have either:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (which we offer as a standard course or as an upgrade from the TAE40110); or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment PLUS unit TAELLN411/TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills PLUS unit TAEASS502/TAEASS502A/TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools; or
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
- Standard 1.15: From 1 April 2019, persons conducting assessments only must have either:
- One of the qualification sets listed above; or
- TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set (comprising units TAEASS401, TAEASS402, TAEASS403 and TAEASS502); or
- TAESS00001 Assessor Skill Set (comprising units TAEASS401B, TAEASS402B, TAEASS403B) PLUS unit TAEASS502 / TAEASS502A / TAEASS502B.