The TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment is here!
Yes, you read that right. The TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment has officially been released on training.gov.au. This release means the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment has now been superseded.
After months of consultation and draft revisions, the final TAE40122 course looks a lot like what we anticipated.
While the TAE40122 offers prospective students a lot more flexibility, some expanded assessment requirements exist. Here are some of the attributes of the new course we can confirm:
- The TAE40122 course now contains 12 units consisting of six core units and six electives.
- The TAE40122 has a new core unit – TAEPDD401 Work effectively in the VET sector.
- The TAE40122 course supersedes and is equivalent to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.
- There is a requirement to conduct presentations in a face-to-face in person environment, meaning this task is not able to be conducted via an online class.
- The TAE40122 assessment expectations have increased significantly in some units compared to the TAE40116.
- The TAE40122 recognises the industry expectations for digital skills in all trainers and assessors. These requirements have been incorporated into nearly every unit.
What does this mean for future trainers and assessors?
Essentially, this qualification is still the required qualification for individuals to train and assess nationally recognised vocational training in their field of expertise. Although the TAE40122 offers added flexibility by allowing for more electives within the course structure, there is some increased volume of work required to successfully complete the course.
The decision to increase assessment requirements may be a reflection of the critical role trainers and assessors play in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. These individuals are responsible for developing the skills and knowledge of other individuals for work and ensures that Australia’s industry sectors are productive and competitive. That seems very important to us!
What does this mean for holders of the TAE40116 Cert IV in Training & Assessment or current students?
The Standards for RTOs 2015 still allow individuals to train and assess with the TAE40116 so there is no urgency to update in the near future.
What does this mean for Plenty Training?
We are excited about the changes in the industry and are eager to see how much more the industry will continue to grow. We encourage all our TAE40116 students to continue with their studies and to not worry about the new TAE40122. The TAE40116 will 100% meet their career goals.
Industry Qualification Updates – Plenty Training’s New TAE40122
Plenty Training has been through previous qualification updates. As specialists in all things TAE, this latest release means more excitement for what we do and love. We have already embraced the changing world that has been the education sector over the last few years with the introduction of our online iClass+ course and blended delivery options. So it is fantastic to see that with the new TAE40122, the industry is following suit and raising the bar when it comes to digital skills industry-wide.