The clock is ticking…now is the time to update to the TAE40116.
If you have been holding off on updating your old TAE40110 to the TAE40116 (superseded by TAE40122), then the release of the TAE40122 should be enough to get you moving.
No one really likes having to continually update a qualification. However, those with any of the current or past TAE qualifications will know this is a necessary evil if you wish to remain training and assessing in your chosen field. With new iterations of TAE packages about to be released, now is the time to update or be left behind.
Is the TAE40110 still valid?
History and experience tell us that it’s much easier to update and move through EVERY version of the TAE qualifications. Right now, we know that some RTOs are insisting on the TAE40116 rather than the superseded TAE40110 and the two units TAELLN411 and TAEASS502, which have been enough to keep working. But at some point in the very near future, that old qualification and two units simply won’t be enough.
Until the new qualification is released, we won’t know the exact details, but this is what we know so far…
- The new qualification is deemed equivalent to the TAE40116, so updating to the new TAE40122 shouldn’t be required for some time to come.
- The new qualification is longer with 12 units rather than 10.
- Industry is already starting to insist on the TAE40116, so updating your old qualification makes sense, especially if you are still holding on to the old TAE40110 (and the two units) and thinking it will be enough. As trainers and assessors, we need to be at the forefront of all things training, and remaining current is paramount.
- There is talk at a higher level that the TAE40110 will be removed from the Standards for RTOs altogether, with the TAE40116 or its successor being the standard for anyone in the VET sector, although this is not confirmed.
- There may be the requirement to deliver presentations to others in a face-to-face environment. If you are looking to study online the TAE40116 may be easier for you to complete.
Compliance Requirements For Vocational Education
With all of these things in mind, updating to the TAE40116 is a very good idea right now. The compliance requirement of currency will also be ticked off by updating your old TAE40110. You can, of course, attend PD sessions, undertake single units, or attend seminars and conferences to uphold your currency in vocational education, but updating is a great way to take care of this requirement.
Update your TAE40110 to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment now.
So, if you’ve been teetering on the update fence for all this time, take the leap now before the decision is taken out of your hands when there will be thousands of people updating at once. Being proactive is the best way to stay ahead of the continual changes we face in the world of TAE.
Check out how easy it is to update your qualification.