The TAE50122 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training is here!
The TAE50122 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training was officially released on training.gov.au in December 2022. This release means the Diploma of Vocational Education & Training (TAE50116) and Diploma of Training Design & Development (TAE50216) have now been superseded.
Training.gov.au has deemed that the TAE50122 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training is not equivalent to the TAE50116 and TAE50216.
What does the TAE50122 qualification look like?
TAE50122 has been under consultation for months, and the final course looks a lot like what was anticipated. One big change to the structure of the TAE Diploma is the introduction of specialisations. This means individuals undertaking the TAE50122 will complete units specific to their specialisation which include:
- Advanced Training and Assessment
- Design and Development
- VET Leadership.
While the TAE50122 offers prospective students the opportunity to specialise within their field, new entry requirements, prerequisites and expanded assessment conditions now exist. Here are some of the attributes we can confirm:
- Students entering this qualification must demonstrate current VET skills and knowledge relevant to the specialisation chosen in this qualification. There were previously no official entry requirements for the TAE50116 or TAE50216.
- There are now specific prerequisites which mean students must hold certain units prior to enrolment which may change depending on their specialisation:
- TAEASS412 Assess competence**
- TAEASS413 Participate in assessment validation**
- TAEDEL411 Facilitate vocational training**
- TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products to meet vocational training needs**
** or the most recent previous version of this unit, regardless of whether it was deemed equivalent or not equivalent
- The TAE50122 course now contains 12 units.
- TAE50122 effectively requires students to work within an RTO so they are able to meet the assessment requirements and provide the evidence needed for certain units.
- The TAE50122 supersedes and is not equivalent to the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development.
What does this mean for holders of the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training or TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development or current students?
With new entry conditions, introduced prerequisites and expanded assessment requirements, some students would no longer be able to enrol in the TAE Diploma (TAE50122) course.
What does this mean for Plenty Training?
It is always exciting to see change in the industry. We are encouraging all TAE50116 and TAE50216 students to continue with their studies. The latest TAE50122 is available via RPL for our new students ready to start their learning journey. Find out more about the TAE50122 now.